EV-style sprites
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

08-29-2006 23:43

Posted by:
rmx256

Find more posts by rmx256

Is there a way to use Escape Velocity style sprites with the sprite graphics commands in TNTBasic or do I need to disassemble the ones that I have to be independant images in an image bank and select the one required?

FYI, I've been making a Total Conversion for EV Nova for the last four years or so and have been frustrated for too long by the limitations of the Nova engine and am trying to write my own, yet still use the hundreds of megs of graphics that I already have. I'd rather not re-render all of my ships... ;)

08-29-2006 23:56

Posted by:
someone

Click Here to Email someone   Find more posts by someone

>>
Is there a way to use Escape Velocity style sprites with the sprite graphics commands in TNTBasic
>>

What are 'Escape Velocity style sprites'? I don't know Escpae velocity... are they a kind of graphics, or a file format, or something else?

08-30-2006 00:05

Posted by:
rmx256

Find more posts by rmx256

Escape Velocity is an old Mac game in the style of Elite where you fly a ship around in space and fight & land on planets and stuff. One makes prerendered matrixes of sprite images like so:

to use in the game.

I would really love to be able to use this format in some way or another instead of just rotating one static sprite image so I can keep my shadows and other details.

08-30-2006 00:15

Posted by:
someone

Click Here to Email someone   Find more posts by someone

I can't see the image, but i suppose it's an image with many images of the same thing rotated in several angles?

TNT can only display a full image as sprite - so either you manually split the image into many individual sprites, either you place the big image into TNT and have it programmatically split them in pieces

08-30-2006 16:59

Posted by:
Jacob

Click Here to Email Jacob   Find more posts by Jacob

To split images you use copy image.
Check the help files.