Trying to create "Yes or No" type dialog in Canvas 1
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

01-22-2002 03:55

Posted by:
Jason Anderson

Click Here to Email Jason Anderson   Find more posts by Jason Anderson

I have a game where the main portion has one canvas inside the main canvas. (Canvas 1) This canvas is where the game occurs. The main canvas is where other info goes.

I am trying to make sort of a "Do you want to quit" dialog in a Procedure. When you click Yes it returns 1, No returns 0 then the code in the game loop decides whether to quit based on if you hit Yes or No.

I take an image as the dialog, and two buttons fo the Yes and No.

I tried to put the dialog on Canvas 0 but it doesn't appear (Because of Canvas 1 being on top). Then I put it in Canvas 1. It sows up but the buttons do not. The buttons are supposed to draw in the Canvas 1 box.

The thing is I had working buttons before, but the click portion was offset by the Canvas 1 offset (Which is X=10, Y=10).

The code seems logical. But it ain't working.

01-22-2002 19:58

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Find more posts by Mark Tully

Buttons, buttons

Sounds like it could be a bug with buttons. Can I clarify this with you:

1) You have canvas 1 appearing in canvas 0 by means of a view port

2) canvas 1 has buttons created in it, but they don't appear when viewing through the view port

If it's easily extractable, could you send me your procedure and dialog with a quick example of use. If it's a bug in TB we'll have it fixed in the next version.

Thanks

Mark

01-24-2002 12:40

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Fixed

There is a bug in TNT Basic 1.01 which stops collision detection between the mouse and buttons if the buttons are in a view port. This bug also stopped collision detection working between sprites that were in a view port and sprites that were in the main canvas.

These are fixed in TNT Basic 1.02, which will be released in the next week or so.

Thanks for spotting that one for us Jason!

Mark

01-25-2002 07:29

Posted by:
Jason Anderson

Click Here to Email Jason Anderson   Find more posts by Jason Anderson

Thanks!

So, what can we expect in this version? :-)

01-25-2002 10:24

Posted by:
Mark Tully

TNT Basic 1.02

Mainly bug fixes (and mainly from the ones you reported Jason!).

There's a few new commands for accessing info on map polygons and we're working on speeding things up under OS X, but I'm not sure how big an increase we'll have made by the time we release 1.02 though. It's getting better all the time, but as always, we listen to you lot so tell us what you need.

Thanks

Mark