Window Mode is a dream. And 1.3 rocks so much
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

11-18-2005 20:24

Posted by:
Jason Anderson

Click Here to Email Jason Anderson   Find more posts by Jason Anderson

I am so glad to see TNT didn't die. And we finally got Window mode. I love it. Window mode means we can make games that can sit with the rest of your open windows like it was another app. People could make a nice addicting game and a player could play it and quickly switch to iChat when they get a message then back again without having to leave the game. (I like it because now I don't have to worry about my windows and Konfabulator Widgets moving all over the place.

I haven't played around enough yet, but will it be possible for the player to select at startup whether they want to use Windowed or Full Screen through an if ... else?
If playFullScreen = 1 then graphics mode 640, 480 else window mode 640, 480

What I'd love to see next is auto indenting and capitalization of commands. It's nice TNT isn't anal about whether I type commands like line or LINE or lInE, but it'd be nice if it could automatically correct formatting of the commands by making automatically Capitalizing them. And then if it could automatically indent commands like when commands are nested in procedures and loops it would automatically and tab spaces to the lines. Makes it cleaner and easier to read.

Thanks for keeping TNT alive. We were worried for a moment there. :-)

11-20-2005 22:16

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

Switching between full screen and window mode during gameplay should be possible, but hasn't yet been implemented. Similarly, having a dialog that lets the user choose between the two before entering graphics mode would also be straight-forward.

Auto indenting is 90% implemented, but I pulled it from this release to get it out of the door. It would be fairly easy to finish it off once the source is out there.

I'm glad you like 1.3!

11-21-2005 00:53

Posted by:
Jason Anderson

Click Here to Email Jason Anderson   Find more posts by Jason Anderson

Like it? It renewed my faith! The new file format is awesome.

Window mode is awesome for testing. I really hate switching between resolutions in OS X. It takes so long. So when you're building a game, it really plays on your last nerve all the constant resolution switching and icons moving and stuff. So Window mode takes some of that edge off.