Music Block error
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

10-30-2005 01:11

Posted by:
sabshire

Find more posts by sabshire

Ok, I am getting a really strange problem here. I started implmenting some sound in my game using some simple wave files. I downloaded Audacity and started using it to trim the sounds, and such. Then I would pull in the sound files, and it appeared to work. Until I closed down Hieroglyph. Now, when I try and open it, I get:

The block "Music Block" has an error of type -7 while it was initialising and Hieroglyph cannot continue.

Ok,so here's what I did the first time... I ended up restarting my machine, and I ended up downloading tnt again, and reinstalling it, and tinkering around with sound based apps, and it started working. Until I open audacity for editing some sounds again. Now, no matter what I do, I get that error, until I remove the "Music Block" from the blocks folder in the TNT app folder. Once I do that, Hieroglyph loads, and I can load my gane, but I can't run it... Any attempt to do that and I get:

Signal Raised:

Condition: Error initialising sound engine.
And error of type -2004 ocurred.

Function: __ct
File: CApplication.cpp
Line #300

This is quite annoying, but I am not sure what to do. Removing and reinstalling TNT does not help. It fails whether I try to load my project or not.

Thanks in advance!

10-30-2005 02:45

Posted by:
sabshire

ok, its working for now...

Ok, I have been tinkering for a while now on my machine since this happened. Here's what I have found so far. Spotlight quit working. Sound from video in my browser, like that shown on nascar.com quit working. Normal system sounds worked. iTunes audio worked. Quicktime player audio worked. Audacity still works. Ok, so after trying a lot of stuff, I decided to try and figure out why spotlight quit working... Found something about checking the privacy setting in spotlight prefs. Checked that, and nothing was set, so for fun, I set it on my macintosh volume. Then, I unset it... Well, spotlight started indexing. And more interesting, sound works again. Though I am quite hesitant to load audacity. Anyone have some ideas on what could be going on? It is a rather odd combination of things, but I think there is a root cause, though it eludes me at the moment.

10-31-2005 00:16

Posted by:
sabshire

Solution Found!

http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.pl?MacBugs

Apparently, Audacity 1.2.3 on OS X has a bug where it sets the output to 96000 Hz... set it back to 44100 Hz, and audio will once again be fine.

At least they know about, and I suspect there will be a fix before too long.

I ma glad I found this... I was about to go bonkers trying to figure out what is happening.

10-31-2005 23:28

Posted by:
someone

Click Here to Email someone   Find more posts by someone

> I suspect there will be a fix before too long.

i wouldn't expect it very much, audacity hasn't been updated for a year

11-01-2005 01:39

Posted by:
sabshire

ah...

Well, maybe i won't expect it too soon then. :)

Anyone got a good alternative to Audacity, preferably free?