TNT Basic Manual in PDF
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

06-20-2005 09:34

Posted by:
allnodcoms

Click Here to Email allnodcoms   Find more posts by allnodcoms

I don't know about you lot, but I don't really like the Mac Help thing... It's slow, it's buggy and generally pretty pants. So whilst patiently waiting (Mark) for the release of the source code, I knocked together a fully linked .pdf version of the User guide and manual. It's got all the bookmarks, internal links and other groovy doohickeys you'd expect, and you can download it from here. What a nice chap!

Depending on how long (Mark) this source code takes to release (Mark - do you think he's getting this?), I'm also putting together some tutorials on more advanced topics, like handling isometrics, algorithms for various different situations and advanced sarcasm 8P. Other suggestions are welcomed...

Have Fun

Danny

06-21-2005 06:59

Posted by:
matteo

Click Here to Email matteo   Find more posts by matteo

haha, I'd like to see the advanced sarcasm stuff...

I remember how wonderfully clear was the TNT documentation when I started using it 2 years ago... and how helpful the game in 60 tutorials.

10-23-2005 22:35

Posted by:
allnodcoms

Manual Update...

I'm in the process of updating my manual to 1.3. Again it will be a fully linked .pdf version of the official stuff, with a few bells and whistles...

Basically I prefer .pdf to Apple's help system, hence the conversion. What I could do with is a larger version of the TNT Barrel (MARK!!) for a super spiffy opening page (HINT!).

I'll post the link here, and upload to the directory when done.

Danny (nods)

10-23-2005 22:36

Posted by:
allnodcoms

Here endeth advanced sarcasm...

10-24-2005 00:20

Posted by:
anoved

Find more posts by anoved

Cool. I look forward to the 1.3 version. I've not used TNT Basic much since I upgraded to OS X (so it's been a while), but 1.3 resolves some problems that were preventing my old projects from working well on OS X, so I am excited to get back into it.

10-25-2005 00:39

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Click Here to Email Mark Tully   Find more posts by Mark Tully

Umm.. I've just had a quick look for hires barrel images and I can only find the ones I used on the website - no originals or model! They must be around somewhere, I'll let you know as soon as I find them!

(Worries about that disk crash last month and whether he really really did save all his data...)

10-30-2005 19:29

Posted by:
allnodcoms

Version 1.3 is here!

(of the user guide and manual that is)

It's got all the usual links and bookmarks and stuff, plus a snazzy new cover! (Cheers Mark, cheque's in the post!).

You can download the latest offering from here. The things I do for you guys eh?...

Have fun!

Danny (nods)