Keys
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

03-19-2005 14:57

Posted by:
Redd

Click Here to Email Redd   Find more posts by Redd

I'm only starting to learn TNT Basic, and have encountered some problems during a creation of one of my projects. I need to use arrow keys, but sadly don't know how, so I'd appreciate any help.

Other than that I would like to make a background bigger than the actual screen-size I'm using. Would that be a problem if the background were actually a moving sprite, with other sprites moving around every side of it?

Finally, how can I make collisions without using multiple sprites (ie making a sprite stop in front of a building included in the background)?

03-19-2005 22:30

Posted by:
charlie

Click Here to Email charlie   Find more posts by charlie

arrows are used like this:

if up/down/left/right

for a big scrolling playfield, you might concider using the map editor built into tnt. you can handle collisions with the background easily this way.

both these topics are covered in the tnt help menu, so make sure you have a look at these.

some samples for maps are available for download in the directory, so that might be a good place to start.

cheers
charlie

03-20-2005 11:21

Posted by:
Redd

Thanks. I had read tnt's help, but was unable to understand it clearly. I'll try and see how it works. Somehow I feel like it will go wrong, so expect a reply soon.

Thanks
Redd

03-23-2005 13:22

Posted by:
Redd

Ok, Ok. New question.

Is it best to use "while" or "if" in case of different sceneries?

What is the command used to make a project quit?

What is the best way to make a global command, which changes at special occasions (let's say: Keys for a map/city, which then change during a battle etc.)?

How do you make save-game files work properly, and hold all the data inside the project?

That's it for now (again). I've read other posts, even TNT's help file but still can't understand some things clearly.

Redd

03-23-2005 16:46

Posted by:
charlie

Click Here to Email charlie   Find more posts by charlie

i dont really know what you mean by keys, unless you mean the unlocking a door type.

if you send me an email (little icon under my name), i can give you a copy of my split screen demo which uses collisions between sprites and background objects. i would use if statements to do this as while would requrire further iteration and TNT isnt known for its speed.

cheers
charlie