< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

11-10-2004 19:27

Posted by:
DaveyJJ

Find more posts by DaveyJJ

1. Line numbering for the code editor.

2. Windowed modes. Yes, I've read about window modes in the forums, and the various opinions, but as a Mac user since the Mac Plus I've come to need windows (not full screen) to do certain things effectively. A simple game of tic-tac-toe should not need to fill the entire screen.

Consider me a buyer as soon as point two is available.

11-10-2004 20:00

Posted by:
DaveyJJ

Find more posts by DaveyJJ

Additonally, a preference to use another symbol besides ' as your commenting out indicator, e.g.,

--
##
#

etc.

11-11-2004 17:42

Posted by:
JW

Click Here to Email JW   Find more posts by JW

There is allready a linenumbering. Look at the left corner (bottom), there you
will find the linenumbers. You can jump to any line you wish.
If an error occured...> you will also find it's line number

JW

11-18-2004 22:21

Posted by:
DanLurie

Click Here to Email DanLurie   Find more posts by DanLurie

My advice to you is to give up on TNT. The devs have not released an update in almost 2 years now.

Wait a little longer. Blitz BASIC is coming to the Mac and will make all your game programming dreams come true.

11-19-2004 00:34

Posted by:
JAS

Click Here to Email JAS   Find more posts by JAS

Not a good idea there. Telling people not to use tntbasic is what could cause tnt to die out completely.

I'm still making games with it without a problem. I haven't released anything completed because of my lack of time, but I'm still working on them and they are coming out great (as far as what I had in my head that is).

Imagine you are developing games, but you are like me and don't have all that much time to devote to it. You release a game and someone finds a bug. You don't have time to fix it asap, so it takes a bit. That gamer tells everyone not to bother registering/using your game. Say everyone listens and no one plays your games. Would you continue making/updating them or would you quit on the projects all together? I'd probably quit (at least releasing them).

Same goes for TNTbasic. I support the product. Even though it would be nice to have certain features there is no reason why you can't make something great with it the way it is.

I feel what you are saying that it's been a long while, but be patient. If a limitation or bug that tnt has is keeping you from completing a game then work on something else in the meantime. I had to and I'm OK with it. I know eventually an update will come out and I'll pick up where I left off.

My two cents - nothing personal.

11-19-2004 23:49

Posted by:
matteo

Click Here to Email matteo   Find more posts by matteo

I agree.

You can still do great things with TNT. Probably you could not release a really commercial game, but I guess you could win the udevgames contest (I was not much impressed with the quality this year...).

11-19-2004 23:58

Posted by:
matteo

Click Here to Email matteo   Find more posts by matteo

BTW It's true that while TNT is very nice as it is, it's not being supported much recently. So if you can cope with it's "limitations" that are essentially lack of window mode, lack of 3D, and certain speed issues, get it, otherwise think about it.

Despite everything TNT is still the best of its kind on the mac, and I guess that despite rumors it's gonna stay this way for at least one year.