Sprite / Sprite Col variable names
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread        Post A Reply

01-18-2002 16:53

Posted by:
Jim

Click Here to Email Jim   Find more posts by Jim

Hi, I think I just found a minor bug. If you call the 'Sprite' command with a variable for the sprite number that starts with the letters 'col', it will be highlighted and the call will be treated like a call to Sprite Col.

For example:

Sprite collidedsprite, xposition, yposition, imageID

where collidedsprite is the number of the sprite you're dealing with. It's easy to work around, but I would guess that it might be easy to fix too.

TNT basic is fun. :-)

01-18-2002 16:55

Posted by:
Jim

Find more posts by Jim

clipboard bug

Oh I just remembered another possible bug, at least something that never happened with 1.00 but does happen sometimes with 1.01 under OS 9.2.2 - if I've copied some text in the editor and then switched to another program, when I switch back to TNT basic an alert is displayed saying "Cannot import the Mac's clipboard into Hieroglyph's clipboard, .... No error description available for error code -4993"

01-19-2002 10:52

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Find more posts by Mark Tully

We'll have them both fixed in the next version.

Thanks for reporting them!

01-23-2002 23:56

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Can't import mac clipboard

Hi Jason,

Can you list the steps to reproduce this bug, I can't get it to happen.

1) What do you copy (or do you cut) in Hieroglyph?

2) What app do you switch to, and do you make a copy in that too?

If you can tell me how to make this happen in a couple of steps I'll get rid of it, until then I'm just waiting for it to happen to me!

Thanks

Mark

01-24-2002 12:43

Posted by:
Mark Tully

Fixed - ish

OK, the sprite col confusion bug is fixed in TNT Basic 1.02, but I'm not sure the scrap importing one is our bug.

The error code you reported means that the application that placed the data on the scrap did it wrong. It's more likely to be a bug in the application you copied from rather than in Hieroglyph.

Let me know if this is not the case.

Mark

01-24-2002 21:57

Posted by:
Jim

Find more posts by Jim

clipboard

OK, it probably isn't TNT Basic's fault because I was using quite a few apps at the time when that was occuring. I don't honestly remember what ones, thought, but your explanation is quite likely.